Tuesday, December 30, 2008

2008 Milestones in Sugar

After realizing that I've been toying with my new hobby for well over a year now, I thought it would be fun to pick a few milestones from 2008. Let's just say we've come a long way baby! In no particular order, here were three milestone cakes from this year.


1. July 2008, My Birthday Cake: First time with three tiers - whew!



2. October 2008, A Cake for Damaris: While a sad occassion for this cake, I am forced to point out that under that pressure, I piped the BEST buttercream roses I have ever managed to pipe.




3. August 2008, Baby Shower Cake: First time wiring flowers and using them on a cake! Not only were my wired flowers successful, but I loved my clever idea of putting litle baby footprint blooms in there. Also, I was given the shower invitation to match, and well, I was impressed with my color matching abilities here. (see earlier post for pic of invite.)While I'm at it, this was also my first "bow" which was also successful.




And the greatest thing about this is you learn from every experience, and so next time I do any of these things, they will be even better!

Cheers to a Happy New Year and more Happy Cakes.

2 comments:

Rick Kilby said...

love the background colors! Nice PS work!

Anonymous said...

These photos are wonderful