Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Merry Christmas Petit Fours

Click photo for close up.

I knew going into this world of tiny covered cakes that there was potential for absolute disaster. So, I must say I was pleased with the relative lack of disaster... I think there is still some ganache on the kitchen cabinets, but that comes with the territory.

I do believe everyone enjoyed the taste, and for a first attempt... not bad looking! Right? Note the tiny gingerbreak men and candy canes :)

There were almond cake with white buttercream and almond filling, almond cake with apricot filling, chocolate fudge cake with Kaluha-Chocolate buttercream, white cake with rasperry or buttercream... and a few other variations. Merry Christmas. Easter will be a good second attempt at petit fours.

After making it from my Mom's house to a dessert party and to a post-Christmas party the following day, they were finally all eaten!

1 comment:

Rick Kilby said...

Very nice! Watch your letterspacing!